Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing self-funded companies in the country and hands down one of the greatest places to work anywhere in the world. But it’s not for everyone. There are certain qualities and passions you must have to fit into our “Team of 10’s”:
- We move with VELOCITY and you have to relish in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- We believe in being of service, which means you have to check your ego at the door
- We believe in taking our work seriously but not being serious at work
- We find passion in all things international business – it has to be in your bones
If you find the above personal attributes apply to you, continue reading.
Velocity Global is seeking a full-time Strategy & Corporate Development Associate to join our growing team in Denver, CO and will support mergers and acquisitions, corporate strategy, and growth. This role will be at the forefront of our M&A, investments, and strategic growth activities. The successful candidate is particularly ambitious with proven experience in financial analysis, research of global markets, and transaction strategy development and execution within an international business environment. This position will report to the Chief Strategy Officer but will work closely will all sides of the organization.
This is a fast-paced role, candidates should relish the fast pace of a scale-up environment and embrace the opportunity to navigate challenges.
- Develop a strong understanding of Velocity Global’s operations and industry to leverage in research and analysis of growth opportunities, competitors and industry prospects
- Develop project plans for new initiatives, coordinate with internal stakeholders, conduct other research and analysis, and manage cross-functional project execution
- Support strategic planning with on-going research, analysis and materials development
- Manage and build our strategic framework and strategic toolkit
- Monitor, forecast and perform in-depth analysis of global industry and client trends, including macro-economic indicators correlating to the company’s performance
- Maintain competitive profiles of key industry players and track new market entrants in collaboration with sales and marketing
- Manage the competitive data collection process, including information tracking and sharing mechanisms
- Identify and evaluate acquisition, partnership and investment opportunities through various deal flow channels
- Manage all aspects of the transaction process, including due diligence, financial modeling, valuation analysis, business case creation, integration planning, negotiation and integration execution
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior level audiences
- Maintain valuation models and metrics for the industry
- Achieve expert status in International PEO, international employment and key industry trends
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3-5 years of experience working in investment banking, management consulting, corporate development or private equity
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or economics. MBA preferred
- Demonstrated experience in both building strategy and executing it with demonstrable results and outcomes
- Experience with international transactions is required
- Exceptional research, deal negotiation and project management skills required
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence outcomes
- Adept analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly assimilate information; with operations across 185+ countries there is a lot to learn
- Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities related to multiple projects at once and work collaboratively across organizational lines
Velocity Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by State and/or Federal Law.