About the Role:
As a Product Manager for Maps Experiences team, you will help define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for a key platform at Uber that moves people, food, cars, and even flying machines from point A to point B. Creating frictionless pickup and dropoff experiences for billions of trips is one of the most complex problems at Uber - the unique challenge requires blending the real world with the physical world to increase marketplace efficiency and craft delightful customer experiences. You will work closely with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers, UX researchers and Data Scientists as well as nearly every aspect of the Uber organization - from Driver to Rider experience, from Eats to Marketplace - to build the core technology that moves millions around the world every day.
What You'll Do
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap for the Maps experiences group at Uber - own the canvas of the map in the Uber app to create frictionless pickup and dropoff experiences for all trips.
- Internalize Uber's products like Pool, UberX, and Eats. Deeply understand how they rely on map experiences, and then align your team's mission and roadmap with this direction.
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, being in the details with data, building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, always thinking of the customer first, and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome
- Vision. Imagine what type of services the world would need tomorrow and how would you build today's capabilities that become tomorrow's differentiators?
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Product Management delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them -- and you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- Customer empathy - Understanding end user satisfaction and ability to measure it in an actionable way.
- Passion for UX design, transportation, or logistics problems.
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding should span from the highest levels of abstraction down to the metal.
- Analytical chops. You live and breathe data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to wield it but also where it can lead you astray.
- Biased towards action, great collaborator and an excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery. You persevere when others give up.
- Strong communication & partnership skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role, with more than a handful of core stakeholder teams.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning and building strategic differentiators.
Bonus Points For
- Experience working with UX researchers and designs and A/B experimentation.
- Prior experience working on scalable infrastructures where you have built or/and managed services that power consumer experiences
- Understanding of big-data processing pipelines (over Hadoop or similar technologies), distributed data stores, and distributed file systems
About the Team
The Uber Maps organization powers a highly scalable and reliable platform for Uber, while enabling compelling pickup, drop off and several core trip experiences, for all the major lines of businesses at Uber.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.