- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in product management or related technical roles.
- Experience bringing innovative, industry-leading, category-defining tech products to market.
- Experience operating in a hyper-growth/entrepreneurial environment and scaling new and emerging products from the ground-up.
- Master's degree.
- Experience working in an enterprise technology setting, bringing both demonstrated expertise in SaaS around unified communications, content and collaboration, meetings, as well as a nuanced understanding of the cloud market and competitive dynamics/customer adoption behavior.
- Experience working with executive level internal and external clients/partners, acting as the face of a company.
- Experience operating in a global role.
- Outstanding narrative and storytelling abilities that propel usage, adoption and market momentum.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, partnering with groups such as Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing, UX and UI.
About the job
As the Director of Product Management for BigQuery, Google Cloud’s serverless, highly scalable multi-cloud data warehouse, you will play a pivotal role as the technical/domain expert who owns the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the product. You will work closely with customers to understand requirements and work with Engineering to finalize the roadmap.
In this role, you will be laser focused on putting our customers first. Intuitively anticipating their needs before they even arise, you will be able to go beyond standard market research to predict where the market is trending and where future opportunities lie. Utilizing insights and data to influence product strategy and investment, you will help scale products from the ground-up, organize product launches and create a repeatable Go-To-Market process.
Working cross-functionally, you will drive alignment across the Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Product Marketing functions to deliver solutions for the customer. Gathering customer insights and feedback, you will infuse this learning back into the organization and product area roadmap, ensuring effective product launches and differentiated features. In this capacity, you will serve as a trusted advisor for large and strategic customers, building and maintaining strong C-suite customer relationships.
From a leadership perspective, in this position you will lead, manage, and mentor a team of highly talented Product Managers to develop compelling product value propositions, including pricing and packaging.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Define and deliver a product vision and roadmap for BigQuery.
- Own and drive the product lifecycle from product strategy to Go-To-Market strategy.
- Understand the market, customer, and competitive landscape, including new technologies and trends in the data analytics space.
- Lead and grow the BigQuery business. Collaborate across the business to provide a complete offering on Google Cloud.
- Build and lead an outstanding product management team, distributed across multiple locations. Collaborate with Engineering, UX Design, Product Marketing, Sales, and Leadership teams across Google Cloud.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.