Job Title: Customer Success Manager
Department: Customer Success
About Evergage:Founded in 2010 and based in Somerville, MA, Evergage's real-time personalization and interaction management platform delivers The Power of 1, enabling companies to transform the dream of 1-to-1 engagement, across channels, into reality.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is an individual contributor position overseeing an assigned client portfolio including mid-level and enterprise accounts.. A CSM works with multi-discipline Evergage and client teams to drive the adoption and expansion of Evergage solutions. A CSM has responsibility for client retention, expansion assessment and overall solution satisfaction of their accounts.
The CSM’s charter is to act as a trusted advisor and partner with their clients, proactively guiding them to ensure accelerated business value and return from their investment with Salesforce . Expertise on the Salesforce platform is not required, but is preferred. Enthusiasm and passion for customer success, resourcefulness and ability to work in a highly dynamic environment are expected.
Relationship Management - Partner with customer stakeholders to understand their goals, assess their capabilities and provide recommendations to help them accelerate achievement of their business goals through the application of personalization technology. Know the organization and cultivate relationships with key sponsors and stakeholders that solidify our partnership and provide potential for growth. Ensure the delivery of actionable, innovative and impactful solutions informed by a thorough understanding of a customer’s key business objectives, strategies and challenges.
Success Plan Development - Produce, execute and continually evolve a comprehensive adoption path for marketing personalization by illustrating the current and future program state including timeline, possible impact, and an underlying enablement plan. Proactively identify risks to the customer in achieving their goals, working within a cross functional team to build a risk mitigation plan where required.
Project/Program Management - Oversee new and expansion customer kick off, discovery, design, launch and ongoing optimization of assigned accounts. Ensure efficient workflow and effective change management processes both internally and externally. Provide guidance to customers relative to organizational structure and best practice.
Platform Expertise - Demonstrate Salesforce Interaction Studio (Evergage) product knowledge by regularly communicating platform features and functions applied to customer business and marketing priorities. Guide product training and knowledge, validate platform certification (applied knowledge) and results (key feedback metrics).
Customer Advocacy - Illustrate our commitment to the customer’s success by communicating customer requirements, objectives and challenges internally to support ongoing development of impactful product features and functionality.
● 3+ years with high growth Software as Service (SaaS) solutions experience, including roles within customer success/client management, program/project management
● Experience in ecommerce and/or retail
● Experience with Salesforce or other marketing technology platforms in support of online testing, behavioral targeting and recommendations, familiarity with digital data management, analytics and engagement optimization
● Ability to quickly grasp and align business requirements to platform capabilities
● Strong client management and communication skills
● BA/BS required
● Moderate travel required (US only)
Following is a broad construct of the elements that place a candidate into a “qualified” pool:
- Experience driving and demonstrating value for large organizations (high touch, low volume)
- Comfort navigating a complex SAAS platform (they'll be expected to eventually become a product expert)
- Passion for retail/ecomm industry
Working knowledge of the overall digital ecosystem and know the difference between digital advertising (“paid” media such as PPC, display, remarketing, social advertising) and digital marketing (“owned” media such as website, onsite personalization, email, social pages).
They have a broad understanding of how those elements of the above ecosystem have primary and secondary responsibility for driving traffic, increasing conversion, creating long term growth by turning customers into loyalists.
- Knowledge of the ‘connectivity’ of the overall ecosystem is important as a primary piece of the role is being able to speak to how our technology can support highly effective “owned” marketing strategies (which are informed by the context of the entire customer journey).
- To that end, a very strong candidate would be one who has been very close/owned a particular channel's strategy -- for example, responsible for the development of targeted email campaigns or as part of an online product/merchandising team
- They have a broad understanding of how those elements of the above ecosystem have primary and secondary responsibility for driving traffic, increasing conversion, creating long term growth by turning customers into loyalists.
- Likely have some experience/exposure to building out tests to determine efficacy and ongoing optimization of certain programs/channels related to the above
- While familiar with common macro segmentation strategies (ex - recency, frequency, monetary) and how those strategies are applied to programs that are executed on the site or that comprise part of their outbound messaging strategy, etc), they certainly see the evolution to 'segments of one' via the enablement that a personalization platform like Evergage can offer
They have been exposed to data strategies related to customer
resolution to create a 360 degree view of a customer across points of interaction
- I.e. recognize the elements that are critical in order to “stitch” together a consistent user in order to deliver a relevant experience (in email, on site, via app, etc)
- Bonus: have retail operations experience, understand brick and mortar side of the business
The following are critical yet “softer” additional critical success criteria
Experience/comfort navigating uncharted territories. The person in this role will be driving clients to adapt features few if any clients have used. These features may be undocumented and unproven
- Note that this is key to Logan’s role, less so for Laura’s opening. However, for both it can be said that given the timing of a candidate potentially joining the org, it will likely occur during a state of active integration between EVG and SF -- so being comfortable being uncomfortable and working within some degree of turbulence is to be expected and in some sense, welcomed.
- Experience/comfort working with technical resources to help develop custom use cases. They need to be willing to get creative and use minimal resources to develop solutions to complex problems. That involves working w/ engineers, product, etc who often have strong conviction(s) and points of view. This role must be prepared to defend ideas while also creating strong internal partnerships
- Comfort asking why. They have to be innately curious. Someone w/ a diverse background may fit the bill better than someone w/ five years of pure customer success experience if it shows they've expressed interest in exploring different fields/industries.
- Experience/comfort navigating uncharted territories. The person in this role will be driving clients to adapt features few if any clients have used. These features may be undocumented and unproven
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please contact the Salesforce.com Recruiting Department .
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.