Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
The HPE Chippewa Falls Manufacturing Operations Team builds servers, racked solutions, and performance optimized data centers. In general, we utilize contingent headcount in several areas including: Inventory control, server assembly, server test, server pack, rack assembly, rack test, rack pack performance optimized data center build, test, and shipment. MFG Chippewa Falls Manufacturing Operations is putting quality first for our customers, successful candidates will have a similar 'Quality First!' mind set. Chippewa Falls MFG is a configure to order facility, allowing an array of challenges and learning possibilities for those with a positive and flexible attitude minimize potential latent damage to customer products by ensuring electrostatic discharge procedures are followed.
Performs tests required to evaluate standard and special devises. Ensures that tests are performed within set parameters. Replace defective hardware and re-start diagnostics. Working conditions are typical for a manufacturing environment, the ability to work standing up &/or bending or stooping repetitively for 8 hours is required. Your safety is important to HPE, therefore steel toe overshoes may be provided and their use or that of other personal protective equipment is required when utilizing certain equipment. Parking is available on site. Our Chippewa Falls MFG Facility has 2 shifts, working 16x5 days a week, plus regular Saturday Sunday overtime based on customer demand. This opening is for the 1st shift : 7:00am- 3:30pm.
Education and Experience Required:
- Individual must have the ability to understand how computers work and operate to diagnose hardware issues and continue to run diagnostics on hardware.
- Must be able to operate manual and power hand tools drive scrap cost reduction down by minimizing scrap costs to business through handling errors.
- Responsible for maintaining tools and a safe & clean work area.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs repetitively over the course of an 8 hour day.
- Maintain successful communication and working relationship with management & peers of all levels, and reciprocate professional, team-oriented performance Assist coordinator, supervisor, or peers as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining proper dress code as described and maintaining acceptable attendance levels per attendance policy.
- Responsible for following all rules and regulations of the facilities as described during new hire orientation.
- Responsible to discern between hardware failures and replace hardware components that fail during the diagnostic test runs.
- Associate's degree in the electronic field and at least 4 years of experience or equivalent experience performing higher level or equivalent work history in the hardware computer industry and have
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer hardware knowledge with good communication skills.
- Utilize online methods and work instructions to complete starting and identifying issues on hardware at a system level.
- Replacing components in servers which includes installation of processors, DIMMs, PCA boards, cables, heat sinks, and other high value material.
- Must be familiar with using different computer applications and be able to navigate simple software.
- This is considered a core position where the candidate applies developed knowledge of the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete a wide variety of difficult assignments/tasks.
- Thorough understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require ordinary problem resolution and independent judgment.
- Works under limited supervision and normally receives limited instructions on routine work and general instructions given for new assignments.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world ́s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.