A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Role: Hadoop Developer/Support
Location: Charlotte, NC
Position: Full time
- Developing distributed computing Big Data applications using Hive Pig on MapR Distro Help drive cross team design development via technical leadership mentoring
- Responsible for designing developing testing tuning and building a large scale data processing system for Data Ingestion and Data products that allow the Client to improve quality velocity and monetization of their data assets for both Operational Applications and Analytical needs
- This position supports this goal with strong experience in software engineering and development of solutions within the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Troubleshoot and develop on Hadoop technologies including HDFS Hive Pig HBase Mapr DB and Hadoop ETL development via tools such as Talend
- 6 years experience in UNIX and Shell Scripting Oracle SQL Server PL SQL
- 3 years experience in job scheduling tools like AutoSys
- 3 years experience in Pig and Hive Queries and tuning hive queries
- 3 years experience in MapReduc
- 3 years experience in Importing and exporting the data using COTS tools such as Talend or open source such as Scoop from Relational Database systems mainframe files
- Good to Have HBase Mapr DB
- 3 years experience Hand on experience with Oozie
- Experience working with Spark for data manipulation preparation cleansing
- Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
- We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
- With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
- Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
- Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.