Building a Great Career in Mobile App Development
Mobile app Development is one of the most significant domains in IT industry these days. With the rise of smartphone usage, application development has turned out to be one of the best career opportunities providing an authoritative scope in IT industry job markets.
With increasing usage of cell phones, the demand for app developers are expanding like never before. Irrespective of business areas, mostly all the fields require mobile app developers to improve their businesses. Organizations, right from corporate to SME’s(Small to Medium Enterprises) are all searching for proficient mobile app developers globally.
The mobile application development software is ubiquitous. The opportunities for these app developers are vast. To be in high demand, the person will keep up to date with the latest skills. Ideal from server and cloud to the most recent applications, IoT enabled gadgets, etc. In this article, we are going to cover a few points of major career corners
• Which Skills do App Developers usually require to start their early career?
• How to Start an Entry level Career in Mobile app development?
• What are the average salaries Mobile app Developer & Career Progression chances?
• What are the trends in Career opportunities for Mobile Application Developers?
However there is a lot to prepare before becoming a successful mobile App developer. The entire world is looking out for professional app developers with all levels and skill set. Let’s discuss
Which Skills do App Developers require to start their career?
Anyone can design/develop the mobile application, but to become a perfect as well as most in-demand mobile app developer one should have these skills ; developer tools,platform mobile app,app ideas,high quality design,good knowledge on user experience,command on mobile platforms,android development knowledge,app store info,development company info,web application knowledge ,development services know hows,knowledge on mobile devices,app development process,cross platform apps info etc .
These skills cover multiple aspects in mobile application development. Right from front end to back end, security, database, hardware interaction, etc. would be covered.
• User Interface is the most essential part of the application development and plays a significant role in any mobile app development. For this developer would need to think color strategy, responsive, loading time, image quality, etc.
• Secondly it is considerable thing in choosing the cross-work platforms. For instance, Ionic, Android, iOS, Windows & more. To become an in-demand app developer need to work with multiple platforms.
• Further more ,back-end computing is another substantial way for the mobile application developer to grow their career. Logical thinking for app usage, database management, security, application logic are their primary points.
• Last but not the least, business expertise. One of the most crucial point to consider in this Digital marketing world. It’s better to understand how to generate money with your apps. Another point is taking into count user spending time/ how they like/monetary value and build app business strategies accordingly is important.
Additionally it is observed that by developing all these skills, you’re more a perfect job ready person. The next step would be searching for job opportunities. Yes, but to know about job hunting! Continue your read…
How to Start an Entry level Career as a Mobile App Developer?
Starting an entry level career is not much easier. Because, most of the organizations would be mostly looking for a skilled, professional, experienced person to handle their apps. In this competitive scenarios, your job hunting might be tougher but a clear insight in these areas would sure help…
1. Mobile App Development Skills & hands on practice:
If you want to get hired by an organization, do some practice. Meanwhile, try to build up your own application. It doesn’t make any difference what exactly it is (business purpose/for fun). At that job-hunting point, you have something to demonstrate your work. This app could be considered as previous work experience even.
2. A right area of Internships:
Another way to get work experience is doing Internships. Start doing internships during your school ages. Companies are ready to hire high-school students as their interns with good pay, provided they are with relevant areas of interest. When it comes to college students, Internship opportunities are great experiences. Don’t expect for code development, but at a university level, you can do some good assignments. Most of the corporate tech companies offer internships for college students find here all those.
3. Good Resume Preparation:
A resume is just like marketing yourself in the job world. For entry level positions it is more so a big task. Prepare an interview-winning resume, by following these basic instructions. Make sure to end your resume within 1/2 pages maximum as a sources could get quality info of your profile in short. Additionally, you can also do this by using pre-defined resume templates. However, a customized resume works better rather than a template.
Further ,send this professional resume with a proper cover letter. Also, send your demo app if any for more instance and reference .
4. A well planned Entry-level Job Search:
Today lots of job boards are available in the web market. You can find tremendous app developer opportunities there. But when it comes to the entry level job search, the scenario is entirely different. Try to identify one such top entry level mobile application development, job search board in USA and plan your job search in a focused way . Where you may find that latest opportunities with one click away. Also ,the user-friendly websites will lead you to reach your destination without any hassles.
But preliminary, post your resume in promising Job boards. Then top recruiters may contact you directly. Based on your preferences, these website would showcase your job opportunities.
Mobile App Developer’s Salary & Career Progression:
According to USA BLS, the entry level mobile app developer earns around $27,040 and top-level mobile app developer would earn about $144,000/A. The career opportunities are expected to grow 13% for the following ten years as experts predict.
Career opportunities for Mobile Application developers:
The career opportunities are always dynamic & varied for the mobile app developers. Based on cross platforms the career areas are differentiated
• Android App developers – Mobile app developers design their apps in the Android operating system. Their app will work on android mobiles only.
• iOS App Developers – iOS app developers will develop their app in the iOS platform. Their apps would be available/work with Apple phones alone.
• Ionic App Developers – Iconic is the current trend, this mobile app will work on both cross platforms. These Ionic app developers can develop a mobile app that will work both on Android as well as iOS.
Didn’t find your desired mobile application developer jobs? Subscribe to gradSiren.com. Get the latest updates right to your email! Do let us know your views in the comments section below.
The information on this site is provided as a courtesy. GradSiren is not a career or legal advisor and does not guarantee job interviews or offers.
Get expert career advice and insights delivered straight to your inbox.
Must Reads SEE ALL ARTICLES
Internships in Journalism & Strategies for Career in Media
What things do I Know to become a fashion designer?
Do I Become a Graphic Designer
What steps do I attain to settle as a Lawyer in USA?
From where do I Start My Teaching Career
Hot Jobs SEE ALL JOBS
Inside Sales Representative ... information. * Promote clients products and services to prospective and existing cus
Final Expense Insurance Sales- No Experience Required! Our technology makes it easy to earn excellent income regardless of your experience level<
New York Summer Internship Program 2019 Job Type Internship. New York Summer Internship Program 2019. Once you submit your application, it w
Editorial Intern Part-time, Temporary, Internship. The Spring 2019 Internships will run from approximately late-Febru
Express Lube Technicians / Oil Change Techs - Entry Level Express Lube Tech - Job Responsibilities include: * Service vehicles. Perform oil and filter&